We all are aware that our dietary intake directly affects our bodies. It not only benefits our internal body parts but also benefits our external body parts, like eyes, skin, hair, etc. There’s no doubt that hair is an essential part of our overall appearance and also reflects our internal health. For years, hair fall has been a subject of worry for many people, especially adults and senior citizens. What’s amusing is that now, even teenagers are having hair fall issues. There are many factors that can help reduce hair fall, food being one of the most important of them. If you have tried enough to make your hair fall stop and have failed, don’t worry. We are here to help you deal with this universal problem.
First, Let’s Understand What Are The Reasons That Lead To Hair Fall:
1. Genetics: One of the main causes of hair loss is family history. Male or female pattern baldness, commonly known as androgenetic alopecia, is an inherited disorder that damages the hair follicles and causes hair loss.
2. Stress: Our bodies and minds are connected. This is why both physical and emotional stress, can result in hair loss. The regular cycle of hair development can be disturbed by the body’s reaction to stress, which causes excessive shedding of hair.
3. Poor Nutrition: Deficiencies of iron, zinc, vitamin D, and biotin can be a reason for your hair thinning. Even lack of protein results in hair fall.
4. Other Factors like hairstyling, improper sleep cycle, using chemicals on hair, and pollution in the environment can also play a significant role in hair loss and breakage.
According to Dr Vandana Punjabi, “Sometimes, genetic factors like male or female pattern baldness can play a role. Thyroid disease, iron deficiency anaemia, autoimmune diseases, hormonal issues, recent illnesses or surgery, and acute or chronic stress may also cause loss of hair,” said Dr Punjabi.
But, according to her, this powerful smoothie, that she consumes can help one strengthen their hair as it’s packed with nutritional benefits.
Nutritional Benefits Of Ingredients Used In The Smoothie:
1. Chia seeds are full of essential amino acids that help to prevent hair thinning.
2. Sunflower is a great source of iron.
3. Black seeds increase circulation and prevent breakage.
4. Pumpkin seeds are packed with olic and linolic acid.
5. Fox nuts provide protein, and magnesium helps to strengthen hair.
6. Dates and almonds give enough iron to help improve blood circulation in the scalp.
The Instagram reel was shared by the handle, ‘hairfall_solutions’, which had the dermatologist sharing the secret of having healthy hair at the age of 41. She made a nutrition-packed smoothie with dry seeds, nuts, and no dairy products like milk or yogurt. Further, the post mentioned, “Try this powerful hair smoothie for stronger, longer hair! It contains no dairy and no refined sugar but it still tastes good.”
Here’s How You Can Make This Powerful Smoothie For Your Hair:
1. In a pan, roast chia seeds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and lotus seeds one by one.
2. Now add the roasted nuts to a mixer-grinder. Add some soaked almonds and dates and grind them well, making a coarse powder of it.
3. Take the mixture out and store it in an air-tight container.
4. Now pour some water into the blender and add two spoons of the seed powder and blend it into a healthy smoothie.
According to Dr Vandana Punjabi, an average sedentary adult needs 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight in their diet to prevent protein deficiency.