India has a penchant for desserts and this is evident from the variety available across the country. From sugar-laden jalebis to creamy rabri, crispy shahi tukda to soul-stirring payasam – there is so much to choose from. Some desserts are made especially for festivals while others are more everyday treats. However, who is to say that we can’t make every meal feel like a festival? This kesar pista shrikhand is the ultimate creamy indulgence that is ready in just 30 minutes and will make for a stellar addition to your meal.
What Is Kesar Pista Shrikhand?
Shrikhand is a popular summer dessert that is primarily made in Gujarat and Maharashtra. It is an everyday delight and is also prepared for festivals like Gudi Padwa. The humble Indian dessert can be flavoured and customised in many different ways, and one of those is kesar pista shrikhand. Kesar pista shrikhand is nothing but the traditional shrikhand recipe tweaked with the addition of saffron strands and crushed pistachios.
Is Shrikhand A Healthy Dessert?
Shrikhand is traditionally prepared with hung curd or Greek yogurt as the main ingredient. Thus, it is quite healthy and can be consumed guilt-free on a weight-loss diet. But just as is the case with any other dessert, it does contain sugar and too much sugar consumption can cause harm to the body. Remember to consume shrikhand in moderation and do not go overboard and binge on it.
How To Make Kesar Pista Shrikhand | Easy Kesar Pista Shrikhand Recipes
- The best part about making shrikhand at home is that it is ready quickly and easily without much hassle. You can prepare this kesar pista shrikhand in a matter of just 30 minutes. Further, the ingredients would be easily available at home and you can enjoy this creamy Indian dessert to invigorate your senses.
- First, prepare the saffron-flavoured milk by infusing saffron strands in a pan. Bring it to a boil and then turn off the heat when the milk is infused with the golden-yellow colour.
- Take a bowl and add hung curd, sugar and half the milk to it. Mix it well.
- Once the sugar dissolves, add the rest of the infused milk.
- Add chopped dry fruits including almonds, pistachios and fold it all together
- Refrigerate it for 4-5 hours. Garnish with chopped almonds and pistachios and serve chilled!
Click here for the step-by-step recipe for kesar pista shrikhand.
About Aditi AhujaAditi loves talking to and meeting like-minded foodies (especially the kind who like veg momos). Plus points if you get her bad jokes and sitcom references, or if you recommend a new place to eat at.